In light of our current restrictions, we have devised a way of having a Virtual Champagne League.
There will be 4 races over 2 months. If you chose to enter you will have a deadline to send your time through to Lucy Khan and it will be recorded and placed in a league. You will be given a handicap time, which will then be worked out within the league and you will get points for your overall standing and handicap time.
The rules are simple...
1. Register your interest with Lucy Khan and a league of names will be formulated.
2. Run the route, guided by the published map, as fast as you can. You can do this with others if you arrange it yourself and stick to the guidelines.
3. Record your time on a Garmin type device which will show that you have run the correct route and recorded an accurate time.
4. Send Lucy your time and proof of run, (a photo of your watch or similar will suffice)
5. Ensure that you run within the deadline date in order that your time will be registered and count for the league.
6. Your race results will be published after each race.
7. Overall standings will be published each week and there will be prizes given at the end of the virtual league, including overall and handicap prizes.
8. All routes will be local and easy to follow with the map provided. There will be no marshals or timekeepers. The responsibility is yours to be accurate and honest! Tag along with someone who is familiar with the route.
9. All our Champagne League running club runners are welcome to join us so grab someone from a different club for extra competition!
10. All 4 races to be completed to count, but you will have one full week to complete the race.
11. Entries for the first four races have closed. Results are now up in the Results section of the website. Bonus race to follow!