Until 1908 the club continued to run from a different pub most Saturday afternoons during the season but that January it acquired its own pavilion.
This was situated on Anlaby Road near to the tram terminus by the Hull and Barnsley Bridge adjacent to Blenkin's Farm which stood close to the present Gipsyville Estate, then a most rural area. In those days, what is now Calvert Lane was then known as Jameson’s Lane. Priory Road did not exist though it was possible to get through to Cottingham by farm tracks. A typical trail for the Three Mile Handicap race from the Pavilion at this period was along Jameson’s (Calvert) Lane, under the railway bridges where the route turned hard right towards Springhead, then across to Anlaby Road and back. It is perhaps hard to realise that the route was then open country. The trail for the five-mile handicap was generally across country to Cottingham and back. Various routes were used for the eight mile handicap. In 1910, for example, the course consisted of sixteen laps of "Mr Clark’s field". Not all runs were from the club-house and visits to outlying pubs were still a feature of the season. Paper chases remained a favourite and on one occasion before the First World War the pack found they had been joined by two escaped prisoners when running close to the construction site for King George Dock off Hedon Road